Connections Wellness Center
Connections is an HIV wellness center located at 1229 Albany Ave., 3rd Floor, Hartford, CT 06112. The center has become a safe, supportive gathering place for individuals living with HIV. An array of services is offered at Connections including medical case management, support groups, meals, substance abuse counseling, mental health counseling, acupuncture (for relapse prevention), research studies, periodic outings and social activities. For additional information call us at 860-547-1771 or fax: 860-241-8898.
Schedule of Activities
Case Management - BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
- Wednesday, 8:30 am - 6:00 pm
- Friday 8:30 am - 1:30 pm
- Monday-Thursday, 8:30 am - 1:00 pm
- Friday, 8:30 am - 10:30 am
Please Note: Connections follows the Hartford Public Schools closing schedule. If Hartford Public Schools are closed due to inclement weather, Connections Wellness Center is closed.
If you are living with HIV/AIDS AND use alcohol and/or drugs, you may be eligible to participate in a new federally-funded project.
- Eligible individuals that agree to participate will receive up to $40 for participation.
- $20 Gift Card for completing a brief in-person initial interview.
- $20 Gift Card for completing a brief telephone follow-up interview.
- Half of those that agree to participate will receive a one-time 20-30 minute motivational interviewing session for free.
To find out more about this study and if you would be eligible to participate, please call 860-547-1771.
Open Position at ACT
ACT has a job opening for a Project TLC Peer Navigator! If you know someone who could be a good fit please encourage them to apply. Note that the person must be HIV-positive and formerly incarcerated, and be comfortable sharing this information. Click here for complete job description.